From January 2010 to June 2011, I served as the graduate assistant at Lehigh’s Global Union. The Global Union is an organization that attempts to encourage global awareness on the Lehigh campus by hosting and sponsoring programs and activities with international themes.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time as the graduate assistant and think I developed in a number of ways through the position. Among my responsibilities were:
- Upkeep of the Global Union website, the Lehigh/United Nations Partnership website, and the Fulbright Program website.
- Coordinating marketing for Global Union events, for which I wrote a marketing guide.
- Organizing GlobaLehigh, Lehigh’s first internationally-themed orientation for incoming freshmen.
- Planning the United States’ 5th largest International Education Week for 2010.
- Organizing a Environmental Photography Contest, with a public display at Lehigh’s 2011 Earth Day Celebration.
- Writing ten profiles of Fulbright Faculty winners and visiting Fulbright students scholars from around the world. For example, here is the latest profile I wrote on Anthropology Professor BruceWhitehouse who will travel to Mali for the 2011-2012 school year.